Still Serving Program
Christ Central Ministries is committed both to being God’s response to struggling, discouraged individuals and communities, and to training others to do the same in their neighborhoods, hometowns, and cities across this state and nation. We are also called to serve and partner with local churches to provide support and assistance in reaching “the least of these” in the name of Christ.
To accomplish these goals, Christ Central Institute (CCI) is now offering our Still Serving Program, which is especially designed for those over 55 who may be empty-nesters and/or retired from the fulltime workforce.
At CCI, we make available classes and training opportunities that can benefit you in this new season of your life. Throughout the year, we offer courses, seminars, and intensives on topics that are interesting, practical, and most important, relevant to the needs of today’s struggling populations.
Because Christ Central Ministries (CCM) operates numerous “Missions Stations” in multiple locations throughout South Carolina, there is always a place, a need, and an opportunity for one more caring volunteer. Meet our Missions Directors, many of which are also retirees. Catch their vision and share yours. Let us help connect you to an amazing senior adventure – the ministry of serving others.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
"And I will Still be carrying you when you are old. Your hair will turn gray, and I will still carry you. I made you, and I will carry you to safety."
- Isaish 46:4
Reap The Reward
Create lasting friendships across generations
Have an enjoyable reason to get out of bed
Feel more useful, capable, and confident
Reduce stress and depression
Become part of the solution
Improve your mental health
Stay active longer
Try new things
Leave a legacy
You'll Make A Wonderful Volunteer Because...
· You have more discretionary time to donate now. Your schedule is your own and you get to choose how you wish to spend it.
· You have years of experience and wisdom. Coming from a variety of backgrounds and businesses, you already know what works and what doesn’t work.
· You have valuable, well-established community ties. This means you can make connections to secure resources or to create opportunities for those you are helping.
· You can strengthen and improve intergenerational relationships. With so many children and grandchildren living miles apart from their parents and grandparents, a sense of disconnectedness exists. Your presence and participation can change that.
· You have a desire to give something back – to make a meaningful contribution to society – and you have the enthusiasm to make it happen. Without it, you probably wouldn’t be reading this brochure.